Tuesday, January 22, 2008

update








hey guys!! Well, I thought I would update things and let everyone see whats going on. I am a little half way over my trip and things are going very well. I am feeling a lot better after my sickness last week and have been able to work a bunch so far this week. I figure the best way to update is through pictures so here goes nothin'--




This is adam, he is so awesome!! He comes up to the clinic to bring his dad (guillermo) breakfast every day. I love seeing him!! We have fun jumping on the trampoline and he will often help me with work. He is so precious!!


This is Jesus (heysoos, as shane has told me to call him). He is my work partner in the gardens and works incredibely hard. I have so enjoyed his companionship and he is so faithful to get more work done then I could ever imagine. This dude is like 50 and totally works like a 25 year old. Its amazing!! He has been so patient to help me with my spanish and listen when im trying to say something. He had all of us over to his house with his family a few weeks ago and I have become good friends with his daughters. They are just the sweetest girls! Last week I went to church with them on saturday night and it was a wonderful time. Everyone was just great and fun to get to know. We are getting a plow for our fields today so we will be plowing tomorrow. That is very exciting!!

This is pictures of the vivero (nursury) we stopped by to pick up flowers for the pots at the clinic. It was absolutely amazing to see color in the middle of winter. I mean, seriously, there was every flower that I could imagine. It was so beautiful! We picked out several plants and flowers that are working wonderfully at the clinic. The girl with me in the pictures is Alexia, Julie and keiths daughter, and she is just precious! We have had a lot of fun and she has helped me on several projects. I am very grateful for the time we have had together.

Also, we have spent some time at the beach on the west coast. It is totally beautiful!! We are going again this sunday because we bought boogie boards in Tuxtla on Monday. Alex and I are really into this show "blue water high" which is an australian surf show with rediculously beautiful people that can surf amazing. Therefore, we want to be just like them. But, surf boards are expensive so we will boogie!! So, be ready to see some amazing pics of us on the surf this coming week.
Okay, I love you all so much!!! The work is going really great while at the same time the Lord has been revealing some really neat things in my heart. I am so thankful for this time.
Have a great day!














8 comments:

Katie Gober said...

hi! first off i didn't know you had a blog and i read a lot and i have always loved listening to you, katie! glad you're feeling better and how much fun that you're in mexico for a while! i'm curious to know how the end goes! so do the wilsons live there now? how did you end up with this trip? well now i'm going to read your blog and it's just a way to keep up with you!! bless you -

amy (metz) walker said...

Great pics! Sounds like you are really busy...and now I'm going to have to ask for more information on this blue water high. Never heard of it but I LOVE that kind of stuff. When is it on?

Anonymous said...

hey katie, i love to read your blogs.i love mexico and the people they are so loving.i'm praying for you.keep writing. sue(nats mom)

John and Natalee Warren said...

Are you home yet?? I'm sure that you and Shane need to get away to the great city of Denton, TX. I hear there are great people there and its really relaxing...so COME!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

ok, so its been almost a month since you last posted an update and Hello?! Those of us faithful readers out here need more information.

Love ya!

amy (metz) walker said...

...make that three months...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.

kls said...

yeah - i agree with warren, friend - come to denton muy pronto!