Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mexico es muy bien



Hey everyone!! Okay, the 5-10 people who look at my blog. I know you have all been checking to see how things are going and I am sorry I havnt gotten to it yet. I kinda got thrown into a lot of

stuff-- projects, learning spanish and working so hard that I have to take a nap and I go to bed around 9pm. The average heat has been around 95 during the mid day and afternoon. We get started working at around 7:00 am. I work with a man name Jesus and the other guys who work on construction are beto and francisco. They are all really fun and they get a kick out of my attempts at speaking spanish. Even I get a kick out of it sometimes! They have all been very helpful. Right now, Jesus and I are working on a compost bin for the gardens we are going to be building next. Actually, we will first be running a water line to the gardens and then making the gardens. They are planning on creating earth boxes (i'll explain later) and taking them to the folks in the mountains to help them grow things. Its really awesome!! I have gotten a little sun-burnt over the past couple of days but I am trying to control it by wearing more sunscreen. Im not too good about that. Okay, so here are some pictures of where I am staying and the area I am in. I am very blessed. I ask that you all continue to pray that God would bless my time with diligence and focus. Thank you all so much! Love you!



This is my house while I am here. It is super comfortable and has blue and yellow walls (on the inside). I am really enjoying it!! The birds live right outside my window so I have a built in alarm system.
















This is the casa de Wilson. Alex and I were fixin to go for a jog. As you can see there is a hamock out front and we found out quickly that two people dont fit on it! Ha!!



This is the clinic where we have campaigns and daily dental and eye exams. People will come as early as a day before and wait for their appointment. Everyone at the clinic is very nice. There is also a cafateria that serves great food and coffee. I love my coffee!!











4 comments:

Magen said...

Hey girl! Look at you, world traveler. Glad you're blogging about your trip.

amy (metz) walker said...

Yeah, an update! And thank goodness for the coffee...we all know how much you like that! Praying for you girl

AW

Unknown said...

SUE SWETNAM, KATIE I'M SO PROUD OF YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN MEXCIO.IT IS AN EXCITING CITY AND I LOVE WHAT THE LORD CAN DO WITH AND THRU US IN MEXCIO. I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOGS SO KEEP IT UP.PRAYING FOR YOU, SUE (NATS MOM)

John and Natalee Warren said...

Hey friend! I am praying for you!!! I know my mom said it below but I am so proud of you also! I am so excited to see how the Lord is working through you and growing you! I know he will use you in mighty might ways! Love you tons and can't wait to get together!